We have gathered together on this page a selection of briefings and links to websites and online resources that you might find useful when working on ICT issues.
You can use the links below to jump to the section you’re interested in. If you come across other resources that you find helpful, why not let us know so that we can add them.
- Developing an ICT Strategy
- Keeping Pace with New Technology
- Developing and Managing a Website
- Writing for Websites
- Website Accessibility and Usability
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Blogs and Wikis
- Social Media for Charities
- Data Protection Act
- Computer Security
- Is Your Software Legal?
- Secure Passwords
- Email Good Practice
- An Introduction to Web 2.0
- Using Free Open Source Software (FOSS)
- Cloud Computing
Meeting and Event Scheduling
Online File Storage
E-bulletins and Newsletters
Build a website
Free IT help for charities
CITA provides a range of FREE services to help charities be more effective through their use of technology. We work with charities with an income up to £5m, but have helped lots of small to medium sized charities with a range of income.
As a charity you can apply for one of the following free services, which are all delivered by volunteer IT experts:
· Tech Surgery – Don’t know where to start with your IT issues? Our free 2 hour Tech Surgery is designed to help you understand how IT can help support your charity what options might be available.
· IT Consultancy – Do you need help to define and scope an IT related project?
If you have identified a requirement for a specific IT project our service can match you with an independent volunteer who can help you define and scope your project.
· IT Project Delivery – Do you need some hands-on help to implement an IT related project?
Our free IT Project Delivery service helps charities find the right technical skills for an IT project.
If you are unsure where to start on your IT issues then sign up as a charity here https://members.charityithelp.org.uk/sign-up and apply for a Tech Surgery.
Free IT Helpline for London Voluntary Sector. The social welfare law and tech charity Lasa helps organisations make the best use of technology to deliver their services. So if you need help replacing your old computers, want to find out more about how cloud-based services can save money, or make better use of social media to raise your organisation’s profile, Lasa can provide you with independent, impartial and free advice.
Call 020 7426 4473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ICT Support Organisations:
- The ICT Knowledge Base: a comprehensive, easy-to-use source of independent information and help on technology issues.
- Media Trust: Helps charities communicate using a variety of technology and communication platforms.
- SuperHighways: provide a range of services including technical and strategic support and advice, ICT training, project management and consultancy.
- Charity Technology Exchange Provides significant discounts on donated technology products
- Open Pathways: a not-for-profit infrastructure organisation providing ICT support and social enterprise development advice to the charity and voluntary sector.
- Nominet Trust: bring together, invest in and support people committed to using digital technology to create social and economic value.
- Charity How To: provides premium nonprofit training webinars and supporting materials, teaching nonprofits about many important topics, including technology.
- LASA: work with thousands of third sector organisations, funders and others across the UK to support and promote their use of tech.